Welcome to Team Telomere's application portal!
- Applicants will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google credentials.
- Additional information can be found under the "Guidelines" tab below.
- Applicants can save a draft of their work if they would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- This platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please ensure you are using a supported browser.
Our team will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.
Welcome to the abstract submission process for the Team Telomere Scientific Summit 2024: Tying the Laces Together, hosted from July 8th to 11th, 2024. We welcome you to submit your abstracts through our online submission platform.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Abstracts should be written in English
- The maximum character count for the abstracts, excluding title and authors, should not exceed 2400 characters
- Abstracts may or may not be structured (i.e. divided into sections such as Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion)
- A maximum of two (2) tables or figures can be included in the abstract submission
- A lay summary with a maximum sentence count of five sentences will also be required at submission
- Summit registration for the abstract submitter must be completed for abstract evaluation.
- Abstracts should present original and unpublished work. If your work has been previously presented or published, provide the appropriate acknowledgment or citation.
All selected abstracts will be presented as a poster presentation. For the poster presentation session, the poster presented by the first author will be a standard poster to be presented to the summit scientific audience with a lay summary to be presented to patient families.
Additional details regarding the format of the posters will be provided following notification of abstract acceptance.
Abstract Review: All abstracts will undergo a blind review by the conference scientific committee. The selection criteria will include relevance, originality, rigor, clarity and structure, and significance.
Abstract Publishing: All abstracts will be compiled in an abstract book and disseminated digitally to registered participants.
- Abstract Submission Closes – March 7th, 2024 at 5pm ET
- Abstract Notification – Early April 2024
Late submissions may not be considered for review.
Please direct inquires to email@example.com.
Team Telomere is wholeheartedly dedicated to its mission: The mission of Team Telomere is to empower individuals worldwide impacted by Telomere Biology Disorders with information and support services, to advance improved diagnosis through education and advocacy, and to accelerate the medical and scientific community’s research in finding causes, effective treatments, and a path towards a cure. We greatly appreciate your interest in Team Telomere’s Centers of Excellence (CoE) for Telomere Biology Disorders.
We are confident that this program will expand our ability and effectiveness to best serve individuals impacted by TBDs.
The goal of this program is to identify centers that are committed to excellence in advancing coordinated care, comprehensive care, advocacy and support, education, collaboration, and research for the TBD community. CoEs will be highlighted as cornerstone centers for patients and clinical centers looking to connect to trusted high-quality care.
Each CoE should designate a team lead. This team lead will be responsible for submitting the application, responding to application follow-up questions, and maintaining communication with Team Telomere regarding updates and renewal.
The application cycle for Team Telomere’s Centers of Excellence will be open once a year starting in February and closing in April. The review committee will consist of the Team Telomere scientific committee members, and patient feedback on centers will be collected through a separate form administered by Team Telomere.
Care centers can expect to hear a response on their care center status in mid-May. This response will either communicate acceptance, follow-up questions, or denial.
- Applications Open: February 5th, 2024
- Application Deadline: April 5th, 2024 5PM ET
- Application Decision Date: May 10th, 2024
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more information on Team Telomere's Centers of Excellence and benefits of being a designated center, please view https://teamtelomere.org/centers-of-excellence/.
On behalf of the TBD community – thank you for your commitment to advancing care for TBD patients.